Even though you hear about the free $200 Chase Total Checking bonus quite often, did you know that Chase is prepared to give you even more free money if you combo it with a savings account?
In this post, we’ll get into the details of how you can grab $600 in one go just by opening a checking account and a savings account at the same time. It’s quite the deal, so get ready to hear all about it.
- Why is this $600 Chase checking + savings bonus offer such a great deal?
- Are there any fees for the Total Checking account?
- Are there any fees for the Savings account?
- Can I cancel my Chase accounts at any time?
- How do I apply for this $600 Chase Checking + Savings bonus offer?
- When does this free $600 Chase Total Checking + Savings bonus offer expire?
- How do I know if I qualify for this $600 Chase bonus offer?
- When does the $600 bonus get paid out?
- Do I have to pay taxes on the free $600 bonus that I get from Chase?
- Will applying for the $600 Chase Checking + Savings bonus offer hurt my credit score?
- In conclusion
Why is this $600 Chase checking + savings bonus offer such a great deal?
If the $600 doesn’t speak volumes to you, here’s the thing. If you decided to open each of the accounts individually at different times, you could, but you’d net less overall, broken down below:
- Open a Chase Total Checking account and you’d normally receive a free $200 bonus
- Open a Chase Savings account, and you’d normally receive $0 in bonuses
What this means is that at face value, by opening each of these accounts separately, you’d normally get $200 total out of it. And you may as well just open the checking account since the savings account didn’t do anything for you at this point.
However, if you choose to give out your email to Chase to receive this bonus offer, they give you three options:
- You can open a Chase Total Checking account for a $300 bonus offer.
- You can open a Chase Savings account for a $200 bonus offer.
- You can open both of the above at the same time for a $600 bonus offer.
Right off the bat, you can see that by opening the two at the same time, they throw in an extra $100 for your troubles. Also, by giving Chase your email, not only is Chase offering +$200 for the Savings account portion of it, but they’re also upping the Total Checking portion of it +$100 more for a total of $300, and they’re still throwing in the extra +$100 on top of all that for good measure. All in all, it looks like this:
- $200 + an extra $100 for the Total Checking account.
- $200 for the Savings account instead of $0.
- An extra $100 for opening the two accounts as a combo.
That’s a grand total of $600 added all up.
Are there any fees for the Total Checking account?
Yes, there is a fee of $12 a month to keep this account. However, there are 3 ways to waive it:
- Link a direct deposit totaling $500 or more per month
- Keep at least $1,500 in the account at all times (if it dips below $1,500 even for just one day, you’ll pay the fee)
- That is, unless you average at least a $5,000 balance in all your Chase accounts per day for the month
Are there any fees for the Savings account?
Yes, there is a fee of $5 a month to keep this account. However, there are 3 ways to waive it:
- Keep at least $300 in the account at all times (if it dips below even for just one day, you’ll pay the fee)
- Set up monthly auto transfers of at least $25 for your checking account
- Link a Private Client, Premier Plus, or Premier Platinum checking account
Can I cancel my Chase accounts at any time?
You may cancel your Chase checking and/or savings accounts at any time if you wish. However, to keep your $600 bonus offer, you’ll need to have kept the account open for at least 6 months total. After that, you can close your account and keep the $600 if you wish.
How do I apply for this $600 Chase Checking + Savings bonus offer?
There are a couple of ways to apply for this bonus offer. You can click on the link below to go directly to the offer on the official Chase website.
You can then choose one of the following options:
- Open an account using the online application, where the coupon code will be applied directly to claim your $600 bonus.
- Or, input your email address, and they’ll send you a link inside an email to claim a $300 Total Checking bonus, $200 Savings bonus, or $600 combo bonus.
- Additionally, they allow you to take the coupon code and mention it via phone or in a branch in-person to open the account and claim the bonus(es).
When does this free $600 Chase Total Checking + Savings bonus offer expire?
This offer expires on January 25th, 2023.
How do I know if I qualify for this $600 Chase bonus offer?
To qualify for the $600 bonus offer, you must meet quite a few requirements:
- You cannot be a current Chase checking or savings customer
- Cannot have closed a Chase checking or savings account anytime within the last 6 months
- May not have claimed a checking or savings bonus offer from chase at any time in the last 2 years
- For the checking account, you’ll need to make a direct deposit within 90 days of opening the account
- For the savings account, you’ll need to deposit at least $15,000 within 20 business days AND from then on maintain at least $15,000 in the account for 90 days thereafter
When does the $600 bonus get paid out?
Once you’ve completed all the requirements, you’ll get the $600 deposited into your account within 10 business days.
Do I have to pay taxes on the free $600 bonus that I get from Chase?
Unfortunately, the money you receive from Chase counts as income and thus you’ll have to treat it as such and pay taxes as pertinent.
Will applying for the $600 Chase Checking + Savings bonus offer hurt my credit score?
Your credit score will remain unaffected, as application for this bonus offer simply triggers a soft pull and not a hard pull on your credit.
Hopefully, by now, you can see that there’s really very little reason not to take advantage of this offer. Keep in mind that you can only take advantage of one Chase checking and one Chase savings account offer every two years, so plan accordingly. It’s not always this good, so I’d go for it if I were you; this one’s definitely a top-tier bonus offer in my book.