There’s a good chance you’ve heard about the $200 Chase Total Checking bonus offer by now, but what’s not quite as known is the $200 Chase Savings account bonus for new customers.
In this post, we’ll show you how to claim this bonus and add some sweet, sweet dollars to your bank account. Let’s go.
- Who qualifies for this $200 Chase Savings account bonus?
- When does the $200 bonus get paid out?
- Is there a fee to maintain the Chase Savings account?
- How can I apply for this $200 Chase Savings account bonus offer?
- When does the free $200 Chase Savings account bonus offer expire?
- Will I need to pay taxes on the free $200 bonus?
- Will applying for the $200 Chase Savings bonus hurt my credit score?
- In conclusion: Who do we recommend this $200 Chase Savings bonus offer to?
Who qualifies for this $200 Chase Savings account bonus?
In order to qualify for this bonus, you’ll have to meet some requirements off the bat:
- You can’t be a current Chase savings customer.
- You can’t have closed a Chase savings account at any time within the last 6 months.
- Can’t have claimed a bonus related to a savings account from Chase in the last 2 years (claiming a bonus from a checking account or product category other than savings in the last 2 years is fine).
- Will need to have $15,000 to deposit into the account within 20 business days from savings account opening, and once deposited, will need to maintain $15,000+ in the account for 90 days thereafter.
When does the $200 bonus get paid out?
When you have completed all the above requirements, you’ll get the $200 deposited directly into your account within 10 business days.
Is there a fee to maintain the Chase Savings account?
There is indeed a fee of $5 each month to keep the account. However, there are a few ways to waive that fee. You just need to do at least one of the following:
- Keep $300 or more in the account at all times (don’t let it dip below even for one day)
- Set up a monthly auto transfer from your checking account to your savings account in the amount of $25 or more
- Link a Private Client, Premier Plus, or a Premier Platinum Checking account
How can I apply for this $200 Chase Savings account bonus offer?
To apply for this $200 Chase Savings account bonus offer, you’ll go through the same route as if you were to get the $600 Chase Total Checking + Savings bonus. Simply click on the link below to go to the official Chase website offer page.
You’ll see a few options to choose from:
- You can open a savings account using the online application.
- Or you can simply input your email address to be given a link via email to claim the $200 savings account bonus.
- Lastly, you can take the coupon code you’ll get via email to open an account via phone or by branch in-person and claim the $200 bonus.
When does the free $200 Chase Savings account bonus offer expire?
The offer expires January 25th, 2023.
Will I need to pay taxes on the free $200 bonus?
The $200 bonus will be considered income from Chase and thus the usual taxes will need to be paid on it, unfortunately.
Will applying for the $200 Chase Savings bonus hurt my credit score?
Applying for the $200 bonus offer only results in a soft pull, so your credit will remain unaffected.
In conclusion: Who do we recommend this $200 Chase Savings bonus offer to?
We recommend this $200 bonus offer to anyone who might already be a Chase checking account customer but does not yet have a savings account with them. This savings bonus isn’t the highest paying around, but it’s decent. Note that it does require you to have $15,000 on hand that you won’t need to withdraw for at least 90 days. However, if you don’t yet have a Chase checking account, you really ought to consider the $600 Total Checking + Savings account bonus as mentioned above. That one is a top-tier offer in my book and anyone who can should go for it.