|Profession/Career:||Singer, Rapper, Ex-Pastor|
|Net Worth:||$10 million|
|YouTube Channel:||Don Omar (@OficialDonOmar)|
|College:||Did not attend|
|Full Name:||William Omar Landron Rivera|
|Date of Birth:||February 10, 1978|
|Place of Birth:||Carolina, Puerto Rico|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in|
Frequently Associated With
- El Rey (nickname)
- King of Reggaeton (shares this title with Daddy Yankee)
Net Worth of Don Omar
Don Omar’s net worth is estimated to be roughly $10 million.
Don Omar has made the majority of his money through his music career, which officially started at the launch of his debut album called The Last Don in 2003. He was around 25 years of age when his album released. It included the song Dale Don Dale, and has sold over 1 million copies around the world, earning its platinum-certified status by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). By 2004, he reached his first financial milestone, finally having attained millionaire status. Since then, his net worth has grown quite steadily to $10 million as of 2023.
He’s received many awards, including Latin Pop Album of the Year as well as New Artist and Latin Rap/Hip-Hop Album of the Year.
How much does Don Omar earn in a year?
Don Omar is estimated to earn roughly $1 million a year.
Don Omar’s net worth in 2017 was roughly $5 million and it has since doubled in 2022 up to $10 million. His sources of income include streaming, digital downloads, album sales, and YouTube channel views. He also performs in concerts which give him upwards of $10-20k per show.
Albums he has released which continue to sell to this day and are available in digital and streaming formats include:
- The Last Don (certified platinum by the RIAA, having sold over 1 million copies)
- King of Kings (over 10 million copies sold)
- iDon (over 2.5 million copies sold)
- Meet the Orphans
- The Last Don II
- The Last Album
Additionally, Don Omar has a self-titled YouTube channel which currently has over 9.7 million subscribers. YouTube channels make between $3 to $5 per 1,000 views. Let’s take the midpoint of that at $4.
Don Omar has had his channel since 2009 and currently has over 8 billion views thus far. With that view count, he has made at least $32 million from YouTube ad revenue alone.
Why is Don Omar’s net worth so low?
Don Omar’s net worth is around $10 million, but he’s earned much more than that through his career. It is estimated that he’s earned well over $120 million over the years, yet his net worth is much lower than that. There are a couple reasons why:
- Don Omar spends lavishly. This is no surprise, and probably the main reason why many celebrities aren’t much wealthier than they are. For a while, when he was married to his ex-wife Jackie Guerrido, she took an interest in trying to curtail his spending a bit, but that didn’t last very long as they have since divorced back in 2011.
- Even though he’s sold multiple millions of albums, he doesn’t take all the revenue from it. Producing and creating an album involves many hands that eventually take from the pot when the album becomes successful. Nobody knows exactly what the terms of his contract with his record label are, as it is a private agreement.
- He has a lot of performance cars. He loves racing, which is an uber-expensive hobby that the average Joe can’t afford. Cars in general are known to be depreciating assets as well. But he enjoys them, and they are well-deserved.
Was Don Omar really a pastor before?
This fact has been confirmed to be true. He has always been involved in the church, particularly in the Restoration Church of Christ, and became a pastor for a total of four years. During his time in the church, he was also involved in singing, and really honed in on his craft. He has split from the church since, as he’s become disillusioned with the increasingly institutional nature of it, but he has claimed that he remains a deeply religious person.