|Net Worth:||$50 million|
|Profession/Career:||Actress, Film Producer|
|College:||Somerset College, Australian Film Television and Radio School|
|Full Name:||Margot Elise Robbie|
|Date of Birth:||July 2, 1990|
|Place of Birth:||Dalby, Queensland, Australia|
Who is Margot Robbie?
Margot Robbie is an Australian actress and film producer. She was born on July 2, 1990, in Dalby, Queensland, Australia.
Robbie began her professional career by appearing in Australian independent films in the late 2000s. She gained wider recognition for playing Donna Freedman on the Australian soap opera “Neighbours” from 2008 to 2011. However, she rose to prominence in Hollywood after landing a role in Martin Scorsese’s “The Wolf of Wall Street” (2013), where she played Naomi Lapaglia, the wife of Jordan Belfort (Leonardo DiCaprio’s character).
Robbie’s performance in “The Wolf of Wall Street” launched her as one of Hollywood’s most sought-after actresses. She continued to earn critical acclaim for her roles in movies like “I, Tonya” (2017), where she portrayed controversial figure skater Tonya Harding, earning her nominations for the Academy Award, Golden Globe, SAG, and BAFTA Award for Best Actress.
Robbie also gained recognition for her portrayal of DC Comics villain Harley Quinn, which she first played in “Suicide Squad” (2016) and reprised in “Birds of Prey” (2020) and “The Suicide Squad” (2021). Her latest net worth increase comes from the movie “Barbie,” where she plays the lead role as Barbie.
In addition to her acting career, Robbie co-founded the production company LuckyChap Entertainment in 2014, which aims to tell stories from unique perspectives and has produced several films Robbie has starred in.
Margot Robbie’s Net Worth
Margot Robbie’s net worth is estimated to be around $50 million.
What we know about her:
- Margot Robbie got paid $12.5 million for her lead role in “Barbie,” which is the same amount Ryan Gosling was compensated for his role in playing Ken.
- Surprisingly to many, she was only compensated roughly $350k for her role as Naomi Lapaglia in “The Wolf of Wall Street.” However, because of this movie, she became one of the most sought-after actresses in Hollywood and her going rate shot up significantly, as clearly reflected in her latest “Barbie” paycheck.
- On the same note, because of her role in “The Wolf of Wall Street,” her subsequent role in “Z for Zachariah” was almost double the compensation at $670k.
- For “Suicide Squad”, she made $10 million for over two hours of screen time as Harley Quinn, her character. However, Jared Leto, who played the Joker in the same movie, had seven minutes of screen time and took home $7 million. The pay discrepancy as a ratio of dollar to screen time has outraged many of Margot’s fans who believe she should have gotten a lot more for the work and effort she put in.
- For “Birds of Prey,” the “Suicide Squad” spin-off, Margot earned an additional $10 million.
- For her role as the nurse Valerie in “Amsterdam,” Margot Robbie was paid $5 million.
Margot Robbie’s Childhood
Margot Robbie, the acclaimed actress, was born as Margot Elise Robbie on July 2, 1990, in Dalby, Queensland, Australia. She spent her formative years in Gold Coast, a city situated 500 miles north of Sydney. Margot’s upbringing was primarily overseen by her mother, Sarie Kessler, a physiotherapist, after her parents divorced. She also has three siblings, and her father’s name is Doug Robbie.
During her younger years, Robbie had aspirations of becoming a magician. However, her interest in drama during her high school years led her to pursue acting. She moved to Melbourne and landed a role in a kids’ show titled “The Elephant Princess,” where she co-starred with the then-emerging actor, Liam Hemsworth. Robbie’s professional acting journey began during her teenage years.
Before making a name for herself in Hollywood, Australian audiences were familiar with her from the TV soap opera “Neighbours.” Robbie played the role of Donna Freedman, a character that became a viewer favorite. She joined the cast in 2008 and remained a significant part of the show until 2010. After her stint on “Neighbours,” she ventured to the United States, where she briefly starred in the TV show “Pan Am” in 2011, which unfortunately only lasted one season.