|Net Worth:||$170 million|
|Profession/Career:||American actor, producer, screenwriter|
|College:||Harvard (dropped out)|
|Full Name:||Matthew Paige Damon|
|Date of Birth:||October 8, 1970|
|Place of Birth:||Cambridge, Massachusetts|
Frequently Associated With
Who is Matt Damon?
Matt Damon is an American actor, film producer, and screenwriter. He is one of the highest-grossing actors of all time and has received various accolades, including an Academy Award, from five nominations. Damon has also been nominated for two British Academy Film Awards and six Emmy Awards, among others.
Damon was born on October 8, 1970, in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He attended Harvard University but dropped out to pursue acting. He first came to prominence with the 1997 film “Good Will Hunting”, which he co-wrote and starred in alongside his childhood friend Ben Affleck. The film was a critical and commercial success and earned Damon an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay.
He later went on to star in a number of successful films, including “Saving Private Ryan” (1998), “The Talented Mr. Ripley” (1999), “Ocean’s Eleven” (2001) and its two sequels, and the Bourne franchise, where he portrayed the character Jason Bourne.
Damon is known for his versatility as an actor, having played roles in a wide range of genres, including drama, action, and comedy. His work in philanthropy includes co-founding Water.org, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing safe water and sanitation to people in developing countries.
Matt Damon’s Net Worth
Matt Damon’s net worth is estimated to be around $170 million.
What we know:
- Matt Damon made $3 million for the movie “Oppenheimer”. He, like many of the other A-list celebrities on that cast, took a pay cut for the chance to work with Christopher Nolan. This is in contrast to Robert Downey Jr. who made $4 million, Emily Blunt who made $4 million, and Cillian Murphy who made $10 million as the lead role.
- He made $25 million for “The Martian.”
- Matt Damon made $10 million for the initial Bourne movie, “The Bourne Identity.” He then went on to make $26 million for “The Bourne Supremacy” and another $26 million for “The Bourne Ultimatum.”
- For the movie “Air” with Ben Affleck, Matt Damon took home $30 million, which is the highest paycheck he’s ever received for a single movie. What’s even more amazing about it is the fact that the entire movie’s budget was $90 million in total, and the movie took in only $89 million in its box office run.
- For the movie “Spirit,” he got paid $2.3 million to play the voice acting role of the main character.
- We don’t know how much Matt Damon got paid for “The Great Wall,” but he himself has said he knew that the movie was going to be terrible. The movie went on to lose around $75 million.
- Although not confirmed, it has been speculated by fans that Matt Damon netted a $10 million paycheck for the movie “Interstellar.”
- For his tiny role in “Thor: Ragnarok,” he did not get paid. In fact, he had to jump through some hoops to get his cameo to happen. He is good friends with Taika Waititi and Chris Hemsworth, who helped him make that a reality.
- “Good Will Hunting,” besides his cameo in “Thor: Ragnarok,” has been one of Matt Damon’s lowest paying gigs, totaling a paycheck of $350,000 for himself while Ben Affleck earned $300,000 for his role in the same movie.
- Matt Damon owns a home in Brooklyn, New York that’s worth $17 million. This two-story penthouse has over 6,000 square feet of space.
- He also owned a Zen-inspired, 13,500 square foot mansion in the Pacific Palisades that sold for $18 million.
Matt Damon’s wife
Matt Damon’s wife is Luciana Bozán Barroso. The couple married in 2005 and have four children together. Luciana, often referred to as Lucy, was born in Salta, Argentina. She met Damon while he was filming the comedy “Stuck on You” in Miami, where she was working as a bartender.
Their chance meeting led to a whirlwind romance, and they’ve been inseparable ever since. Over the years, Damon has often spoken about his deep admiration and love for Luciana, praising her for her strength and the stability she brings to their family.
The couple tends to keep their personal life relatively private, but they are occasionally spotted at events and premieres, always looking very much in love.
Matt Damon and Luciana Bozán Barroso have four children together. Their daughters are Isabella, Gia Zavala, and Stella Zavala. Additionally, Damon is a stepfather to Alexia, Luciana’s daughter from a previous relationship.
The family is known to keep their personal lives relatively private, but Matt Damon has often spoken about the joys of fatherhood and the close bond he shares with his children. The couple prioritizes their children’s well-being and ensures they lead as normal lives as possible, away from the Hollywood spotlight.