|Profession/Career:||MMA and UFC Fighter|
|Net Worth:||$6 million|
|College:||Central Washington University|
|Full Name:||Miesha Theresa Tate-Schmidt|
|Date of Birth (Age):||August 18, 1986 (34 years old)|
|Place of Birth:||Tacoma, Washington|
Frequently Associated With
- Andrew Tate (not related)
- Ronda Rousey
- Dana White
Net Worth of Miesha Tate
Miesha Tate’s net worth is roughly $6 million, and the majority of her money was made from UFC prize money. The following are some of the sums of money she’s made:
- Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey: $103,000
- Miesha Tate vs. Holly Holm: $172,000
- Miesha Tate vs. Amanda Nunes: $540,000
Miesha Tate career records
Miesha Tate competed in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and held the UFC Women’s Bantamweight Championship title.
As of her retirement, her professional MMA record is 18 wins and 7 losses. She has notable wins over Holly Holm, Liz Carmouche, and Rin Nakai. She also had two fights with Ronda Rousey, losing both by submission. She officially retired from MMA in 2016.
Here are some of her notable fights:
- Vs. Jan Finney – Strikeforce Challengers 10 (2010) – Tate won via submission (triangle choke) in round 2
- Vs. Marloes Coenen – Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson (2011) – Tate won via submission (arm-triangle choke) in round 4 to become the Strikeforce women’s bantamweight champion
- Vs. Ronda Rousey – Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey (2012) – Tate lost via submission (armbar) in round 1, which marked the first time she had been submitted in her career
- Vs. Julie Kedzie – Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman (2012) – Tate won via submission (armbar) in round 3
- Vs. Cat Zingano – The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale (2013) – Tate lost via TKO (knee and elbows) in round 3 in a fight that was named the “Fight of the Night”
- Vs. Holly Holm – UFC 196 (2016) – Tate won via submission (rear-naked choke) in round 5 to become the UFC women’s bantamweight champion in what was considered a major upset
- Vs. Amanda Nunes – UFC 200 (2016) – Tate lost via submission (rear-naked choke) in round 1 in what would be her final professional fight.
How did Miesha Tate become a champion?
In UFC 196, Miesha Tate defeated Holly Holm by submission in the fifth round to win the UFC Women’s Bantamweight Championship. This fight was very notable because it was the first time Holm had lost a professional MMA fight, and it was considered a major upset at the time.
Is Miesha Tate related to Andrew Tate?
Andrew Tate and Miesha Tate are not related, even though they share the same last name. It’s easy to see why people would think that, as both are mixed martial artists, UFC fighters, and both happened to be born in the same year and are from a place that includes the word “Washington” in it.
Miesha Tate Early Life
Miesha Tate was raised in Tacoma, Washington, and grew up a tomboy. Most of her friends were boys because she got a long better with them, and didn’t like wearing dresses. She was a very competitive girl and participated in many various sports.
She had early experience in fighting among the Franklin Pierce High School boy’s wrestling team. It wasn’t later that the school formed a women’s division and she was able to win the women’s wrestling tournament in her senior year. She continued to participate in wrestling during college as well. It wasn’t until a friend of hers suggested she try karate that she started delving into the world of mixed martial arts.
Did Miesha Tate Grow Up Poor?
Miesha Tate grew up lower to middle class in Tacoma, Washington. Her family was neither rich nor extremely poor. She did not live a lavish life, but instead loved to spend her time outdoors and playing sports.
According to Johnny Nunez, her husband, Miesha could care less about any aspect of money. She mostly just wants to prove to herself and her kids that anything is possible with enough training and discipline.
Miesha Tate’s Family
Miesha grew up with her father, mother, and her sister Felicia. Initially, while her mother supported whatever endeavors Miesha sought, her father was initially not supportive at all of her contact sports, especially given that she was competing with boys. However, as the years passed by, he eventually came to accept it and is now a wholehearted supporter. He has stated on public record that he deeply regrets not having been a supportive father of her goals in the beginning.
Miesha Tate’s Husband
She is married to Johnny Nunez, and together they have two children, Daxton and Amaia. She and Johnny were living in Singapore but have recently moved back to the United States.
1 thought on “Miesha Tate Net Worth [This Cupcake Will Hurt You]”
Your point of view caught my eye and was very interesting. Thanks. I have a question for you.