|Net Worth:||$80 million|
|College:||Did not attend|
|Full Name:||Ryan Thomas Gosling|
|Date of Birth:||November 12, 1980|
|Place of Birth:||London, Ontario, Canada|
Who is Ryan Gosling?
Ryan Gosling is a Canadian actor and musician. He was born on November 12, 1980, in London, Ontario, Canada. Gosling began his career as a child actor, starring in the television show “Mickey Mouse Club” alongside future stars like Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears. He later transitioned to film roles, where he has been recognized for his performances in a wide variety of genres.
Gosling gained wider recognition in 2004 for his role in the romantic drama “The Notebook,” which earned him a Teen Choice Award and an MTV Movie Award. He has since been nominated for several awards for his roles in films such as “Half Nelson” (2006), “Lars and the Real Girl” (2007), “Blue Valentine” (2010), and “La La Land” (2016). His latest role in the “Barbie” (2023) movie was a highly publicized and talked-about project that he took on with Margot Robbie.
In 2016, he won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for his lead role in “La La Land,” and also received a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Actor for the same role.
Outside of acting, Gosling is also known for his musical pursuits. He formed a rock duo called Dead Man’s Bones with his friend Zach Shields. Their self-titled debut album was released in 2009.
Ryan Gosling’s Net Worth
Ryan Gosling’s net worth is estimated to be around $80 million.
What we know:
- For the movie “Barbie,” Ryan got paid $12.5 million for his role as Ken, which is the same amount as Margot Robbie.
- For the movie “La La Land,” he got paid $8 million.
- For the movie “Crazy, Stupid, Love,” he earned $6 million.
- Although we don’t know exactly how much Ryan Gosling got paid for his role in “The Notebook,” some speculate that it was around $1 million. Not bad considering he wasn’t quite the A-list celebrity yet at that point in time. Also, the movie’s entire budget was a mere $29 million.
- His biggest payday thus far came from “The Gray Man,” which Netflix paid him a handsome $20 million to star in.
- Ryan Gosling was paid $7 million for his role in “The Nice Guys,” which is around the same compensation that Russell Crowe received for being in the same film.
- For the movie “Blade Runner 2049,” Ryan earned $10 million for his role. The movie’s overall budget was $155 million, meaning his pay was less than 10% of the overall budget.
- For “First Man,” he earned $6.5 million.
- For “Blue Valentine,” he earned $2 million.
- He owns a Los Angeles home with his wife, Eva Mendes, that’s worth roughly $5 million.
Ryan Gosling’s Wife
Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes are among the most discreet couples in Hollywood. Their love story began in 2011 on the set of the crime drama “The Place Beyond the Pines.” In the film, they portrayed a tumultuous on-screen relationship, but off-screen, sparks flew, leading to a deep and enduring bond.
Eva Mendes, a talented actress with a career spanning over two decades, has starred in a variety of films ranging from comedies to dramas. She’s known for her roles in movies like “Hitch,” “2 Fast 2 Furious,” and “Ghost Rider.” Ryan Gosling, on the other hand, has been celebrated for his performances in films like “La La Land,” “Drive,” and “The Notebook.” Both have received acclaim for their acting prowess, making them a power couple in the entertainment industry.
Despite their high-profile careers, they’ve managed to keep their relationship largely out of the limelight. They rarely make public appearances together and are seldom seen at Hollywood events as a couple. This discretion extends to their family life as well. The couple has two daughters, Esmeralda Amada and Amada Lee. While both Gosling and Mendes occasionally share anecdotes about their children in interviews, they’ve made a conscious decision to keep their daughters away from the paparazzi and the public eye.
Their relationship is often admired for its stability and privacy in an industry where personal lives often become public fodder. Over the years, they’ve supported each other’s careers, with Mendes even taking a brief hiatus from acting to focus on their family. Gosling has often spoken about Mendes with deep admiration, crediting her for much of the success and happiness in his personal and professional life.
In a world of fleeting Hollywood romances, Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes stand out as a testament to a private, committed, and enduring love.