Are you looking for the cheapest way to deliver Amazon orders to Spain? Well, you’re in the right place.
We’ll show you all about how to do that and more.
But first, we’ll answer some related questions you might encounter along the way.
Let’s get to it.
- Does Amazon ship and deliver products to Spain?
- How do I know exactly what products Amazon can ship to Spain?
- What if the item I want shipped to Spain is only found on Amazon (US)?
- How much does it cost to ship an Amazon package to Spain?
- How much does it cost to ship an Amazon package to Spain via a package forwarder?
- How do I use a package forwarder to ship an Amazon order to Spain?
- What package forwarding company works best with Amazon and why? (Planet Express)
- How long does it take for Amazon to deliver to Spain via AmazonGlobal?
- How long does it take Planet Express to deliver to Spain?
- Can you use Amazon Prime to ship to Spain?
- Does Amazon offer free shipping to Spain?
- How to ship packages into the EU?
- Can I send an Amazon gift card to someone in Spain?
- How do I purchase and send an Amazon gift card to someone in Spain?
- Final Thoughts
Does Amazon ship and deliver products to Spain?
Yes, and no. The answer isn’t as straightforward as you might expect. There’s a good chance you’re here because Amazon (US) told you they can’t ship that item you wanted to Spain. And although that may be somewhat true for them, it’s not an entirely true statement.
There are ways to ship basically any Amazon (US) item into Spain. And we’ll show you how to do that below.
Generally speaking, there are a lot of items that Amazon can ship to Spain, and there are a lot that Amazon can’t ship directly. The keyword is “directly.” Ultimately, it depends on the item you’re talking about.
The reasons vary, but oftentimes it has to do with what the receiving country legally allows and disallows Amazon to deliver into their country. Amazon has no choice but to comply if they want to keep doing business in that country.
How do I know exactly what products Amazon can ship to Spain?
If you want to figure out whether the item you’re interested can be shipped directly from Amazon to Spain, there are a couple of ways:
The first method:
When you’re shopping on Amazon (US), you’ll have to place the item into the cart and check out. When you attempt to ship to Spain with a legitimate address, Amazon will tell you whether or not that particular item can be shipped to your selected location.
This may very well be the reason you’re here, as many have found out via this exact process that they couldn’t ship their Amazon item to their desired destination.
The second method:
Shop by using this link here to make things a bit easier.
What this does is it filters out any product that doesn’t ship internationally. This simplifies your shopping because what you see is what you can buy and actually ship out. Products that can’t be shipped out internationally won’t show up on any of your search results within Amazon.
To make it work 100% for your intended destination, you’ll need to have the address you’d like your items sent to designated as the preferred address on Amazon’s system.
Go to Your Purchase Preferences on your Amazon account and enable 1-Click Settings via the following:
- Click on “Add Address” and input the address you’d like to ship the item to if you haven’t already.
- Find the “Related” section and click on “1-Click Settings”.
- At the top right of the page, enable 1-Click for your browser by clicking on the toggle icon.
- Make sure your desired address is set as your default.
If you did this correctly, your Amazon International Shopping page should work correctly.
It will filter out any orders that can’t ship out to your desired address in Spain.
What if the item I want shipped to Spain is only found on Amazon (US)?
If you’ve already had your eyes set on an item, and you realize that it doesn’t show up or cannot be shipped directly from Amazon using the above methods, don’t worry.
You can still ship those items via a package forwarder. We’ll explain how shortly below.
But before that, let’s take a look at how much it costs to ship an Amazon package directly via AmazonGlobal versus a package forwarder.
How much does it cost to ship an Amazon package to Spain?
Shipping directly using Amazon’s service is almost always the cheaper method, so be sure to utilize their shipping service whenever possible.
Keep in mind that since it’s international shipping, it’s subject to being inspected by customs in Spain. This can be a huge source of delay and packages may not arrive for up to a month, sometimes longer, depending on how quickly and efficiently customs can process it. It causes massive headaches for many customers, but unfortunately once an Amazon item arrives at customs, it’s out of their control.
Furthermore, every country has their own customs taxes and/or fees, so be sure to check on any additional taxes or fees your recipient might have to pay to get your package through customs. The best way to verify this is to check the country’s customs website or to get in touch with the customs office regarding this information.
How much does it cost to ship an Amazon package to Spain via a package forwarder?
On the other hand, if the item you’re looking to buy cannot be directly shipped out from an Amazon warehouse, then the next cheapest option is a package forwarder. Keep in mind though, that not all package forwarders are created equal.
Some package forwarding services are cheaper than others, and they may utilize different methods of pricing your item to ship out to Spain. They may either charge by box dimensions, weight, or some other array of factors.
Check out Planet Express’s Postage Calculator to get the latest shipping prices to Spain.
Remember though, you still have to pay any pertinent shipping costs to get the item to the package forwarding company so that they can ship it out for you.
However, since it’ll be domestic shipping, you can opt for the free Prime shipping option to get it there if it applies.
How do I use a package forwarder to ship an Amazon order to Spain?
Sending a package via a package forwarding company is relatively straightforward, as they all entail the same general process. Simply follow the steps below:
- Sign up with a package forwarding company of your choice.
- Take note of the personal address they give you to send your package to. It should not be a PO box, but a full U.S. mailing address. Some companies will give it to you for free, while others will charge for this. Planet express gives it to you for free, for example.
- Shop on Amazon for your items and check out with the mailing address given by your package forwarder. Feel free to use Prime shipping for this if applicable.
- Once your package forwarder receives the Amazon item, you should get notification via email. Some services will allow you to get photos of the box or even the content inside so that you can confirm the condition of the item(s) when they receive it. You may be charged a fee for this, so check this beforehand.
- If you’ve ordered multiple items in multiple packages, some companies give you the option to consolidate boxes to save a bit more on shipping.
- Confirm that you would like to ship the item and input the desired destination for your package.
- Make payment. Include insurance if you’d like.
- You’ll get notification once it’s been shipped out, as well as a tracking number to be able to track the package en route to its destination.
That’s all there is to it. There will be some minor variations between companies, but that’s the gist of it.
What package forwarding company works best with Amazon and why? (Planet Express)
We recommend using Planet Express due to their transparency and prices. You can simply use their Postage Calculator to see how much their shipping is prior to buying your item. Amazon’s products should always have weight and dimensions listed, so it’s easy to input the numbers you need.
Let’s compare some of their shipping option prices. You’ll see that you’ve got a wide array of choices.
We know from our above example that the cheapest option via Planet Mail costs:
- $14.83 USD (plus optional insurance for $2.15)
The next option which uses the shipping agency Postal Office costs:
- $15.93 USD (plus optional insurance for $2.17)
Even though overall, it costs slightly more, the speed is much faster at 10-12 business days instead of Planet Mail’s 20-28 business days.
If you decide to use the shipping agencies FedEx and DHL with the Planet Express service, it’s significantly more expensive at:
- $60+ USD (insurance is included)
But the delivery times are way faster at 1-3 business days and 3-4 business days respectively.
As you can see, you’ve got lots of great and reputable options when you use the Planet Express service to forward your Amazon package to Spain.
How long does it take for Amazon to deliver to Spain via AmazonGlobal?
It generally takes 3-4 weeks to ship an item to Spain, depending on whether customs in Spain gets involved and to what extent they get involved.
How long does it take Planet Express to deliver to Spain?
Planet Express is similar if you decide to use Planet Mail as your shipping agency, as they take 20-28 business days to ship to Spain. However, they have other shipping agency options in their service with shipping times ranging from 1-12 business days.
Can you use Amazon Prime to ship to Spain?
If you are buying an Amazon (US) product that’s eligible to ship to Spain, you won’t have the option to ship via Prime, but rather, it’ll be shipped via AmazonGlobal.
However, if you’re using a package forwarding company, you can use Amazon Prime to ship the item to their headquarters before they forward it out to the intended destination.
Does Amazon offer free shipping to Spain?
Unfortunately, Amazon does not currently offer free shipping to Spain.
How to ship packages into the EU?
If you need to ship packages into the European Union (EU), here are some general steps to follow:
- Determine the customs requirements: Before you can ship any items into the EU, you will need to understand the customs requirements for the specific country you are shipping to. This can include requirements for declaring the contents of the package, obtaining permits or licenses, and paying duties and taxes.
- Choose a carrier: Once you understand the customs requirements, you will need to choose a carrier to handle the shipment. Many carriers, such as FedEx, UPS, and DHL, offer international shipping services to the EU.
- Prepare the package: You will need to package your items securely to ensure they arrive safely. Make sure to use appropriate packaging materials, such as bubble wrap or packing peanuts, and label the package clearly with the recipient’s name and address.
- Complete the shipping documentation: You will need to complete shipping documentation, such as a customs declaration and commercial invoice, as required by the carrier and customs officials.
- Pay for the shipment: You will need to pay for the shipping costs, as well as any customs duties and taxes that may apply.
- Track the shipment: Once the package has been shipped, you should be able to track its progress using the tracking number provided by the carrier.
Can I send an Amazon gift card to someone in Spain?
Even though Amazon is available in many countries around the world, it doesn’t necessarily mean that Amazon gift cards can be bought for and used in that country.
If you purchase a gift card for Amazon US for someone living in Spain, they may not be able to purchase what they want. For Spain specifically, you can purchase a gift card using Amazon Spain using the following link : https://www.amazon.es/
The page may be in Spanish if you do not understand Spanish, you will need to using some kind of translation software.
How do I purchase and send an Amazon gift card to someone in Spain?
When you’re ready to purchase a gift card, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to the https://www.amazon.es/.
- Log in with your usual account credentials.
- Click on “Gift Cards” on the top menu bar.
- You’ll be directed to a page where you’ll find lots of designs to choose from.
- Choose one and click on the gift card you’d like to purchase.
- Personalize the gift card with any information you’d like.
- Be sure to choose the correct dollar amount for the correct currency you wish to send it in.
- Type in the email address you’d like the gift card sent to and when you’d like it to be delivered.
- Preview how the gift card will be sent and make sure you’re happy with it.
- Click on “Add to cart” or “Buy now”.
- Review, finalize, and click on “Place your order and pay”.
- You’ll be asked to input your password once more for security purposes.
- That’s it! You’ll receive email confirmation and the gift card will be digitally delivered on the date you specified.
If you’re looking to ship out an Amazon package to Spain, it’s totally possible. Be sure to see if your items qualify to be shipped out via AmazonGlobal, and if not, check out package forwarders like Planet Express. They have very reasonable prices and a good number of shipping options to choose from. It’s that easy!